• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Microscope lens adapter..

zozo

I have an idea, but no idea if it'l fit what i want. got a camare with 58 mm thread on the lens for mounting stuff like filters etc..

Now there is a microscope adapter M42x0.75 thread to 23,2 to fit the microscope shaft.. All fine
But now i have to stepdown the 58mm lens to 42mm, this aint a problem also.

But my question is.. :couchpotato: Will it fit is it the same thread, can't actualy find any thread specs on those stepdown rings.

It's this ring which is only specified in MM but not type of thread.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/58MM-42MM-5...847027?hash=item3f005a23b3:g:T~wAAOxyd8NSbiou

And this is the microscope adapter which is specified with M42x0.75 thread..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-T2-Mount-...726290?hash=item2a4d5f6e92:g:smgAAOSwstxU~lxe

Will this fit?? :snaphappy: Thanks up front.. :nailbiting:

I think i found my own answer.. After reading and reading i found a couple of words saying enough..
0.75 standard thread pitch for all filter

It'l fit.. :woot:

Thanks for watching.. :thumbup:

Hi Tim, sure.. :thumbup: I'll guess i'll show you some nasty algae and everything else that comes in front of the lens. At least, now i know it fits, but if it works, i guess it does, because i tried with the tripod and aiming the camera into the microscope and i already could see through, but setting it up like this is a hassle and very touchy on the mm.

First i have to try and see what the results are regarding image quality, for those $ 12,50 i'll take my chances. If it's all ok i even can shoot vids of critters.. :hungry:

It sertainly would be, even more with an old 1970 Japanese Erma microscope.. :)

The microscope addapter is actualy from a nikon camera to mount on the body without lens.
So if it doesn't work like i'm trying now i need an extra adapter and a old dslr nikon body.

Back