• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Microbe Lift Bio Co2

Do we know what's going on here? I tend to try and only put things in my tank which I sort of understand but I recently purchased a bottle of this stuff at a MA store at a garden centre I was visiting. They say they are "collaborating" with the product. I am more than aware of all the snake oils out there so the main reason for buying was I was getting dragged round shops all day buying stuff for other people and it was the highlight of my day MA having nothing else I needed :D

Anybody using this or know what's coming out the bottle? Not glute related and claims to be "100% biological"

Thanks @dw1305 I had came across that post before but it only seem to scrape the surface before descending into the Glute debate. Searching this board found very little else.
I'm guessing the comment from @X3NiTH had the most relevance
Humic acid is a Long Chain Carbon molecule and when it ends up in a plant it will be scavenged for the nutrients it has chelated and also the molecule itself will be carved up for use with carbon being a significant constituent. Plants do well eating the remains of other plants.
I'll have to look a bit more into "chelated", it's something I've came across a lot but never real dug into, more along the lines of protecting iron from becoming unavailable to plants was as far as I thought I needed to go but it obviously applies to other things as well.

I was just curious about the claims of.. "uses friendly bacteria to aid absorbtion" (Not sure whether that means in the bottle or already in the tank) and "enhancing the uptake of nutrients" The "reduces algae" part will be covered under healthy plants I guess much like being dead reduces your chances of winning the lottery, totally unrelated but no argument there :D

Essentially it looks more like a blackwater product than a liquid carbon? Something that could be also equally achieved using leaf litter in the tank but without the decomposition of the leaves to deal with? I've been TDS monitoring lately to try and dial in my dosing so took out some seriyu stones and kept the leaf litter out to make the results a little bit more accurate. This product raises the TDS very little. I'll be going back to leaves for the sake of the shrimp to graze on once I get sorted but this product appears to be ok so not a total waste of money.

I have no anecdotal things to say about plant growth and to be fair probably won't, I started using this product a couple of week ago but that coincided with the same time I realised I probably wasn't dosing properly so the improvement in plant health at the minute can't really be credited to it.

Note to self, change one thing at a time so you know which one was broke ;)

Back