• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

micro color problem

hasan66

Hi friends, I am making my own micro. I mixed it with manganese edta and zinc edta in my 250ml container, the color of the water turned slightly red, then I added copper sulphate to it and the water turned blue. This color did not occur when making sulphate-based micros before. Is this a problem?IMG_20240622_142219.jpg

Copper Sulphate is naturally blue but you should not be able to see any color change when adding it in your solution because you are supposed to add very small amounts. You either added way too much CuSo4 or there is a chemical reaction happening at some point with the other 2 elements.
Please share the amounts of each compound you added to your 250ml solution.

Copper Sulphate is naturally blue but you should not be able to see any color change when adding it in your solution because you are supposed to add very small amounts. You either added way too much CuSo4 or there is a chemical reaction happening at some point with the other 2 elements.
250 ml per 75 liters, 3 doses per week 3ml copper sulphate 139 mg 0.00566666667=0.017ppm manganese edta 12% 1.163gr=0.067 zinc edta 15%= 0.263mg=0.019ppm boric acid 250mg 0.007=0.021 sodium molybdate= 0 .00166666667 ppm 26mg=0.005ppm and 2.5ml white vinegar 0.1gr potassium sorbate

Last edited:
I think it reacts with manganese EDTA. If I add 10 mg of copper sulphate, the color of the water becomes blue.

I added some acid to the water and some of the dark blue color disappeared.IMG_20240622_214615.jpg

Back