• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Micro bubbles.

Pengelli

Seedling
Hello,
Please let me apologise if this has been asked before. I have my CO2 injected into the outlet line of my external filter. I am happy with my plant growth and lack of nuisance algae. However the micro bubbles make the water appear hazy. Is there any way to get round this?
Thanks

Tim

CO2 reactor to dissolve the CO2 before it hits the tank. There are discussions relating to the benefit of CO2 mist, worth reading up on before making any decisions.

My tank looks like lemonade, it's not ideal but growth is good & I'm not willing to change anything.

Hello,
Please let me apologise if this has been asked before. I have my CO2 injected into the outlet line of my external filter. I am happy with my plant growth and lack of nuisance algae. However the micro bubbles make the water appear hazy. Is there any way to get round this?
Thanks

Tim
Hi,
As discussed in a few threads, such as https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/co2-straight-into-filter-inlet.52059/ you can try moving the reactor to the inlet side of the filter. If the filter impeller can handle the bubbles without too much burping then this can be a solution. Some folks have success with this and others experience excessive burping or rattling of the impeller.

Cheers,

Back