• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Micranthemum sp. "Monte Carlo" on stone ???

Borke

Seedling
Can Monte Carlo to grow mounted on a stone with aquascape glue (Flourish Glue) ?
I want to achieve something like this.
SxG4Srz.png

I was hoping to learn this answer from someone who knew so I will bump this a bit. I did recently try this I placed the plant on a rock and put another rock on it to hold it down. I used a very rough volcanic rock. Last week I removed it because it wasn't what I wanted in that space anymore. In doing so I did notice that the roots were adhered to the rock.

The thing is it can grow in this manor but will it grow in the way you want?

Monte Carlo can grow free-swimming in the water, if needed - so basically it can "grow on a stone", yes.
Problem is, it can't get a hold on most stone.
The scapes you see, having Monte Carlo or Cuba-hemianthus growing "on stone" will allways have some way of anchoring the plants - be it pockets of soil/substrate or a piece of porous surface. From this area plants will then spread, covering stone.
- so if your question was really: "can Monte Carlo attach to stone"? the answer is no. Unless stone has a porous surface (like f.ex. lava-rock).

Is 99p super glue the same as the really dear flourish glue

Back