• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Micranthemum Monte Carlo yellow/grey

chinwag

Hi,

Wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction on this.

I'm still new to growing plants emersed so I started out with a few in jars and propagators to get a feel for lighting and substrates etc.

I bought some Micranthemum Monte Carlo, purely because I liked the look of it, and the label said 'easy' and fast growing, although it also said high light intensity.

I have most of it in an unheated propagator, some in jars emersed, some submerged.

A couple of the jars look OK in place, it's a nice healthy green but growing upwards, and for every healthy stem, there also one that looks bad.

The propagator looks awful, not dead but very little green, mostly a sickly yellow/grey.

I have a 13.5W 6500k LED on the propagator, much lower regular LED lamp for everything else.

I'm clearly doing something wrong, just not sure what.

Thanks.

montecarlofail.jpg

Hi
U can try dropping the water level a bit (about 1cm below substrate level)U dont need that much water in.
I grew mine in moist multi purpose compost with only misting once per day till the plants adapted to emersed growth as got them out of the tank.Once they adapted misted only once every two, 3 days to keep soil moist enough.I had recently some yellowing due to the temperature drop lately too but yours are struggling to establish in the first place.It looks like a new setup so shouldn't be nutrient defficiency.

Here is my newest one 2 days old.Light 5w led spotlight.
The cable is a small 3w reptile heat mat I put today.Sorry for the phone quality of the pic.

2q8rl9c.jpg

Regards Konsa

Last edited:
Thanks @Konsa - looks like I have my way to wet then!

I'm going to replant shortly and aim for something nearer your setup. I'll see how they go and post back.

Thanks again.

Back