• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mercury music prize 2010

Ian Holdich

who's gonna win this year then?

Biffy Clyro - Only Revolutions
Corinne Bailey Rae - The Sea
Dizzee Rascal - Tongue N' Cheek
Foals - Total Life Forever
I Am Kloot - Sky At Night
Kit Downes Trio - Golden
Laura Marling - I Speak Because I Can
Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
Paul Weller - Wake Up the Nation
The xx - xx
Villagers - Becoming a Jackal
Wild Beasts - Two Dancers

i would like to see 'I am Kloot' win it, but my money is going on 'The XX'.

I am kloot are a Stoke band that feel like they've been going for forever, terrible live too.

Foals have the biggest claim on the strength of their album, The xx will probably win it though because they're the new cool when it comes to generic indie rock.

mumford are quite popular. but to me all modern 'rock' music is fairly dire. cant beat the old days where people could actually play their instruments rather than running everything through a computer.

Indie music is an official joke. people say 'wow isnt so and so a good musician'.... erm no they arent!

Garuf said:
I am kloot are a Stoke band that feel like they've been going for forever, terrible live too.

they are ace live!

seen em about 5 times over the last 5 years, the bass player is great, fag in gob and always out his head.

Doesn't really sell himself to me, just another Stokie who thinks it's still the mid 90's. Not my sort of band, been doing it for too long and never really bettered themselves. Seen them live a good number of times, they used to come on stage and preform terribly to a chorus of boo's at a club night at the sugarmill as though they were real rock-stars.

Back