• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Members Photos - can I use some?

Andy D

Hi All,

Following on from the thread about UKAPS branded products one suggestion was for a calendar. Personally I would love to have a calendar featuring 12 stunning scapes from UKAPS members (I'm sure I could fill one just from George alone! :) ) so I was wondering if some of you kind souls would let me use some of your pictures. For example, entries for IAPLC this year or previous years, so that I could put a calendar together.

If you wouldn't mind could you send me a copy of the picture? I could get it from the site but I am sure your own files will have a better resolution. You can PM me and I'll give you my email address.

If anyone else is also interested I can probably order more copies at the same time too.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

foxfish

I think there should be a yearly poll for the best 12 scapes based on forums members work.?
The resulting winners would be featured in a yearly calendar that is sold to help fund the forum itself.... rather have a calendar than a T shirt personally.
The poll would have to take place in the summer to give time to produce the calendar for Christmas, there could be a cyber addition too, sold as an app.

Andy D

I think there should be a yearly poll for the best 12 scapes based on forums members work.?
The resulting winners would be featured in a yearly calendar that is sold to help fund the forum itself.... rather have a calendar than a T shirt personally.
The poll would have to take place in the summer to give time to produce the calendar for Christmas, there could be a cyber addition too, sold as an app.

Great idea!

C'mon people, don't be shy! :)

Tim, many thanks for the photos. Second one was definitely better. Nice scape by the way!

wijnands

I'm not much of a scaper, just a fishkeeper. However... with non-profit usage of my pictures I'm usually OK if people send me a copy of whatever they use it for. I'm sure many people here will be fine with their pics being used if you credit them and send them a calendar.

Alastair

I'm not much of a scaper, just a fishkeeper. However... with non-profit usage of my pictures I'm usually OK if people send me a copy of whatever they use it for. I'm sure many people here will be fine with their pics being used if you credit them and send them a calendar.
Couldn't agree more. It's not for mass production of aqua scaping calenders id it???

Andy D

Couldn't agree more. It's not for mass production of aqua scaping calenders id it???
Nah, just for my own personal use. I usually use a Gardeners World calendar I get free with the mag so I would be nice to look at something far more appealing.
A brief look at Photobox give a price of about £10 for a calendar. So if anyone else wanted one then I am sure it could be arranged. Not many pics yet though....

Andy D

Good idea but at £10 a pop I cannot afford to send a calendar for use of a photo. :(