• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Melting MC and Helferi.

Carpman

I have a new scape that was planted saturday, Tonight I can see growth from the Stuarogynes Repens and the AR Mini but the MC 20181204_171614.jpg and Helferi 20181204_171434.jpg are beginning to melt!:(
Dosing EI via 3 x dosage TNC complete 8ml per day.
Injected Co² was at 12.5bps now reduced to 8 bps (ph profiling) Drop checker is green at soil level.
Lighting period is 5hrs at 60%

Is this because of photo period?

Hi @Carpman,

If the plants were tissue culture raised then it is likely the stems are transitioning from emerged (out of water) growth to submerged growth. This is a new tank so it is likely starting its nitrogen cycle. At the beginning of the nitrogen cycle there are high levels of ammonia in the water which can cause damage to leaves. This can be exacerbated if using a soil based substrate such as ADA Aquasoil. If the ammonia level is high in the tank several 25% + water changes per week should lower the ammonia level. Hope this helps! -Roy

Hi @Seattle_Aquarist yes these were tissue cultures, I thought it might be the transition from emerged to submerged. I've not got any issues with amonia levels are showing safe. Live stock is in holding tank.

Back