• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Meeting at Aquarium Gardens Sat 30 June

Due to the football tonight, will not make it also, do not want to be rushing around!
Pop over for the game and scape my tank instead!! ;) lol

Well what a fantastic day at Aquarium Gardens. It was great to meet other UKAPS members, some who had come from far and wide; Zeus (Karl) and his son and also Dave Edwards. And of course, to meet Filipe as well.
Altogether, there was quite a crowd, I counted around 30; there were a fair few of us stood at the back out of shot.

Filipe gave a great demonstration and talked a bit about how he came to aquascaping. He effortlessly put a stunning hardscape together and then planted it up like it was the most natural thing in the world to do; a great talent.

And thanks to Dave and the Aquarium Gardens team for being excellent hosts, and laying on tea and halftime refreshments :)

And don't forget if you couldn't make it today, Filipe will be at Destination Aquatics tomorrow http://destinationaquatics.co.uk/

43111244911_d5fe74ba22_k.jpg
IMG_0967 by Tim Harrison, on Flickr
43111246301_95b71223b2_k.jpg
IMG_0968 by Tim Harrison, on Flickr
42392755354_b69057a9cb_k.jpg
IMG_0969 by Tim Harrison, on Flickr

Great day, super venue, great to see the tanks George looks after up close :thumbup: and compare to what I have achieved with mine . Good selection of Hardscape and plants at discount prices on the day plus the UKAPS discount too :cigar:. Great to meet up with Tim and Dave did some plant swaps with Tim;) and have a chat. Great to watch and listen to Filipe with tips how he achieves has scapes and he was great to chat to at the end sharing his knowledge too :thumbup:. Big thanks to Dave at Aquarium Gardens who also put on sandwiches and snacks at the end of the talk too. Think we was the last to leave with a boot full of scaping goodies free and purchased, as Filipe and his crew was waiting for a taxi.

Found my mock tank a massive help in choosing some rocks and wood.

Dave, Steve and the other guys at Aquarium gardens was very helpful without the big buy this, which I do like :clap:

Well worth the 5hr round trip with stop over.

Yes super event put on by Dave and aquarium gardens with Filipe and Aquaflora. Dave was a great host and he and his staff were very welcoming and helpful.

I can certainly say that I’ve never been to an aquarium shop like it for the aquascaping enthusiast - the shear number and species of plants available - the selection of hardscape and hardware is far beyond anything I’ve seen before.

Great to meet up with fellow ukapsers an chat.

Amazing to see what a pro scaper can knock up in next to no time and keep concentration whilst constantly talking and being asked questions which he did with gusto.

Thanks to all involved and well done for organising this event.

As Zeus said well worth a 5hr road trip.

It was a great day and lovely to meet with Dave and his good lady again. Got some tips from Filipe at the end of the day and had a natter with the ladies from Holland while eating sandwiches and cake :)

Totally agree it was a well put together event, many thanks to Dave for hosting it, all we need now is to get Oliver Knott over and I will be very happy.

Good to see you again Tim, oh and if anyone can advise me how and where to upload photos of the tank I am revamping I will be grateful.

Back