• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Meander - Ended As Planted 31/07/2021

Shimmer
20210203_160803.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

The pentazona barbs will love it once it's grown in.

I really miss mine, had them for 3/4 years and they were really interesting fish with great colours and personality. If i was do to a 1 species tank, i would choose the pentazonas for sure!

No more scaping or tinkering for a few days. Took a nasty fall this morning with the dog, and banged up both knees, twisted the bridge of my left foot and lots of cuts/gashes to my right hand. so in bed with bags of peas on my knees and copius amounts of pain meds and profen.
Thankfully Calcifer did not run off and sat next to me while i got myself up and hobbled home. he has been trying to lick my wounds, and had to tell him not to.
he wont leave my side now.

No more scaping or tinkering for a few days. Took a nasty fall this morning with the dog, and banged up both knees, twisted the bridge of my left foot and lots of cuts/gashes to my right hand. so in bed with bags of peas on my knees and copius amounts of pain meds and profen.
Thankfully Calcifer did not run off and sat next to me while i got myself up and hobbled home. he has been trying to lick my wounds, and had to tell him not to.
he wont leave my side now.

I hope you're alright Gill - get well soon!

Its ok, swollen ankle battered knees. And palm of my hand is still weeping. But not as bloomin painful as this morning.

Anywhooo my Litjoy box just arrived. And this was in it. And its perfect for scaping needs for needing to keep plants moist while attaching to hardscape. Sprays very fine mist. And bonus harry potter related.
da3b6fb041b51e1a16ee2b9d181f4bb8.jpg
e36879578269a2fae8e3e2f026e51eea.jpg

Aquafluer and Aquaflora hit by plant delays now, and prices have gone up. So will be waiting on the main planting for a while. So other plants etc on order.
Have added the fluval light to the back of the tank as, that was getting very dark, and background plants would not have done well.
Also added 200G of weeping moss, as per normal I shred it and let it settle where it falls. So there will be little tufts of it everywhere.

Hairgrass arrived - Went for Eleocharis pusilla in the end, So got that all prepped and planted this afternoon.
Replanted a few of the crinums that had come loose and were floating.
Fish are doing great, and the Pentazonas are so active and really liking them in this scape. And when the light hits them just right and you see the little green flecks in the black stripes, they look very nice.

Now I forgot to take pix of the corale for the floating plants, its just a sheet of plastic canvas from hobbycraft. its around 5gbp. I cut this to 2inch depth and used the suction cups for Christmas lights to attach it to the rim. It works well and gives the plants a chance to establish without being knocked around by the flow. Hopefully they will grow into a dense enough matt, that they mimick the growth in Sea of Ferns scape.

Fish wise, not much to add. Main fish are still being sourced and pricing etc.
Have added a Nice mixed group of Panda Cories, Standard and Long finned x16. And x6 Black Cories.
And a x3 Calico red long finned Bn Plecs to go with the standard pair.

I changed the background idea from a living wall. Would have had to take out all the wood to get it in. So have planted a few Hygrophila to cover the back and sides of the tank. Think this will look nice against all the taller stems etc.

The wood is staining the water with all the tannins being released and the IAL I added. And tbh I don't mind the discolouration. And it makes the fish colours pop nicely.

Tomorrow going plant buying, and will browse the fish available.

Took out the powerhead and replaced it with a 1400lph internal, flow is much better and the bogwood acts as a baffle to deflect the flow. And also meaning that there are different flow patterns within the water column now. The plecs love the faster flow areas.
All the crinums have started sending out new shoots and seem to be adapting well.
Hairgrass carpet is also doing well, and have not seen any melting within it.

Have ordered some guppy fry, of some that I have not kept in 10+ years, so that will be a nice contrast of color. And will also give an additional hunting source for the pipefish, when they eventually become available. And hopefully they will come down in price, as they are over 25gbp each at the moment. Even Aquamark is showing higher than normal pricing on his lists.

Just before lights out.

Added alot more to the background area.
Echindorous Bleheri x4 pots
Hygrophila x3 species x2 pots of each mixed together
Penthorum Sedoides x 2 pots - a new one for me to try.
Alteranthera Rosanervig x2 pots

Just waiting on the anubias and buce to become available again.

58fe68c66e810f240856f31eed4e9b46.jpg

My Endler Hybrids Arrived this afternoon while I was on Lunch. And I am happy with them, But not happy. There is not a single male in the mix. They All Look Female with the Large Triangular V Anal Fin.
Hopefully there may be some males lurking that are not showing the Gonopodium yet, I Hope. If Not then I will have to wait for the Breeder to Catch some males and send them to me when they can.
I have gone for Blond Double Sword/Orange Spot Endler Cross. As they Present Like a Blond Guppy and Little Orange Spots and Sky Blue Swords. Which will be a striking Contrast to the other Inhabitants.

My Endler Hybrids Arrived this afternoon while I was on Lunch. And I am happy with them, But not happy. There is not a single male in the mix. They All Look Female with the Large Triangular V Anal Fin.
Hopefully there may be some males lurking that are not showing the Gonopodium yet, I Hope. If Not then I will have to wait for the Breeder to Catch some males and send them to me when they can.
I have gone for Blond Double Sword/Orange Spot Endler Cross. As they Present Like a Blond Guppy and Little Orange Spots and Sky Blue Swords. Which will be a striking Contrast to the other Inhabitants.

This is what they will look like when adults with bright orange spots - Hopefully.

1614105086919.png

Back