• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

MC Mountains - 12g long

Thanks Tim and Andy :)

Had to get some new glassware, went with Cal Aqua Mini pipes, both my ebay purchased pipes broke :( Slightly different flow now, not as aggressive.

29435575304_2afdf41d73_k.jpg3ft Bookself Aquarium by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Last edited:
Almost three weeks after the last trim, algae seems to be at bay without any floaters, tho I do get a bit more brownish glass dust diatom stuff.

Have needed to increase ferts, some of the new growth MC was starting to turn yellow a little, I think from low iron, the increase seems to have helped.

30459500082_ff6ae865da_k.jpg_MG_5904 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, would you mind if I copy it? .

No I dont mind, its a fairly generic looking Iwagumi really, but i would recommend MC that stuff just grows and grows, very easy to maintain. Only down side to this style is it gets a bit boring, I would like to grow more plants... but Ill set up a 4th tank for that :p

Trimmed, not the best job, didn't get the front line even only noticed after i had refilled the tank and my arm hurt :p

30810969492_f333315512_k.jpg_MG_5964 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Carpets are a real PITA :)

Imagine trimming my HC carpet in 120cm tank , real back breaker, the worst is cleaning the tank after the job is done :confused:

You should have trim it more leave like 1cm top from the substrate ;)

They are a bit of a pain, but one trim a month is to bad... tho I will trim again later this month, I am away on a holiday for all of December so will be interesting to see how my tank fair without much attention.

I will trim down much shorter in about 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Another angle

31118305096_874a23c3d4_k.jpg
_MG_6356 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Trimmed, not the best job, didn't get the front line even
texturing looks better anyway :D

(there's a way back discussion on this in the "archives" - some discussion in one of Mark Evans journals where he's trimming the HC unevenly to create shadows/depth ... don't recall if this is where most of the discussion occurs or if there's a link to another thread)

Took this photo of a baby Zebra shrimp (Australian Native) resting on a leaf of MC, they need lower PH levels apparently but hopefully these guys can adapt and continue to breed.

31245895625_d10d03bc3f_k.jpg
_MG_6370 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

31210115186_41dc577200_k.jpg
_MG_6381 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Back