• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Mayaca fluviatilis

• Thread starter Thread starter Viv
  • Start date Start date

Viv

I'm trying to clear something up about this plant. When I received it, it's tips were whitish and have stayed that way for a couple of weeks. I'm dosing iron 3x a week and it's growing okay. Some info' online confirms the tips should be whitish, another source said it should all be green. As iron deficiency shows as white shoots I want to confirm that whitish tips on this plant really is okay. I'd really appreciate some input from one of you more experienced and knowledgeable folks 🙂

Viv

Hi Viv
I have white-ISH tips on my Mayaca too, and they're definitely well fed😀...........(but they could go TOO white, ofcourse).
It's really quite common, that the new growth on - especially fastgrowing - stem-plants is more pale, turning darker. Limnophila sessiliflora comes to mind immidiately, often doing tbis - but there are several.
- so, Viv ........not to worry, if the plant grow well and your other plants don't misbehave 🙂
Mick.

Thanks Mick 🙂 I'll keep dosing as I am and keep an eye on them.

Viv

Back