• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Martins Rio 125, help please!

Good start Martin, I personally liked the earlier placement of the wood - almost like a wind swept tree which is very common up in the north country around here. I would use this to depict a tree with plenty of moss around it & then plant the mini hairgrass amongst some glosso or h. Cuba to graduate it up your slope at the back, but this is only my opinion after all. The hardscape you have is very flexible as far as planting is concerned so experimentation is going to be a lot of fun, no puns intended. The gullies in between the rocks can be textured beautifully with whatever carpet you want to use, envious & watching with interest. What wood are you using and where did you source it from by way?

I have had another play with the hardscape and can't get it quite right. What's the best way of arranging hardscape? Is it best to place the rocks first and then the wood or the other way round? Any tips would be massively appreciated ad its doing my head in now! I take my hat off to some if you on here some of you are truly inspiring. I never realised it would be so difficult and I haven't even started with the plants yet lol!

Back