• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

marsilea hirsuta: growing upwards?

jarthel

Hello. I started planting in my tank 3 Thursday ago. I used Masilea hirsuta as my carpet plant.

But it seems the plant is growing upwards. I am not sure if it's transitioning from emerge growth to submerged growth. Maybe it means there's not enough light?

thank you

Marsilea does not need high light. It does fine with low light set-ups. Could be emersed growth, but even growing submerged Marsilea will on occasion send up long stem leaves. You should cut these off to prevent the plant from going 'leggy', if that isn't the look you want.

when i had it in my tank it was sold to me as emersed and some stems were 3-4 inches. i left it as it was and eventualy i started to see submerged stems form on the runners, thses were sometimes 2,3 or 4 leaves (very strange :rolleyes: ) but the emersed leaves didnt die of so eventualy i just cut them of.

Back