• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Marsilea crenata question.

Dave Spencer

I have just bought some Aquafleur Marsilea crenata and it looks to me as if it going to be way too tall for my requirements. Does anyone know how tall it grows submerged? I am hoping for one or two cm at the most.

I knew I shouldn`t have put my original Marsilea sp in my propagator. It all died on me.

Dave.

Cut it right back, Dave, so there's just a small portion of the stem protruding from the substrate.

Marsilea leaves do not generally go through a transition from emerged to submerged form, so it's best to hack it right back, rather than waiting for it to die off.

Under decent light and other conditions it should remain low, as per this photo. The top plant is M. crenata, the bottom is glosso....

comparo.jpg

The original source is here - http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/plant ... enata.html

Coolamundo, George. I always thought my original Marsilea sp was crenata (from Greenline), but the emerged growth I have with the Aquafleur is about 20cm, which made me a tad suspiscious. I`ll plant up what I have tomorrow during the footie. :thumbup:

Dave.

Dave, have you seen any submerged leaves yet?
I planted my emersed form Marsilea crenata (from Aquafleur) on the 12th but havn't seen anything yet.
I am however seeing new growth of the emersed form of the leaves (clover shape) :?
Plenty of CO2 and nutrients. Lighting is 2x11W over 35litre.

I`m the same as you Fred. I still get clover shaped leaves coming up. I am cutting them off at the moment, but leaving one or two to see how tall they get.

Dave.

Back