• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Marsilea and monte carlo mixed carpet. Will it work?

Sarpijk

Hi!

In my 60 litre tank I have a thick mat of marsilea hirsuta growing nicely.In the past I had successfully kept it mixed with staurogyne repens. Now I am thinking of keeping some mone carlo mixed in with the marsilea.

My main concern is whether the monte carlo will be able to spread in between the marsilea.

What do you guys reckon?

Hi!

In my 60 litre tank I have a thick mat of marsilea hirsuta growing nicely.In the past I had successfully kept it mixed with staurogyne repens. Now I am thinking of keeping some mone carlo mixed in with the marsilea.

My main concern is whether the monte carlo will be able to spread in between the marsilea.

What do you guys reckon?
Reckon it could spread over the marsilea once it gets going, it can be a fairly rampant carpet plant IMO, plenty of trimming should keep it in check though and give you the look your after.

Monte carlo grow quicker and easier than hc cuba. It would look awesome once naturally grow in together.

In my ada 60p i have a thick e tenellus and the monte carlo grow in the dark shade.
20150317_234313.jpg

20150327_202431.jpg

It's possible......but will require ALOT of trimming!!!
- the 5 min.s you look the other way, Monte Carlo will have strangled your Marsilea. I grew them together (by accident) - but soon gave up !!

Back