• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Marks on Glass - Cleaning help needed

ukco2guy

Hi,

Having an issue with what looks like some lime scale on the rear panel of my tank. I have tried all sorts from domestic glass cleaners to vinegar etc but no joy :( The marks are gone whilst it`s wet but as soon as it dries it all comes back, they are definitely on the outside of the glass. Can anyone suggest some ideas, it ruins all my hard work!

Pic:

Cheers,

I`ll take a look at that. To be honest it does not feel rough to the touch so i`m not entirely sure if it is definitely lime scale, can glass get marked in other ways?

Cheers,

A sharp blade will soon rid of it. Its a very useful tool to have. Ive cleaned many a second hand tank with a trusty stanley blade and some light lubricant.

I`m not entirely sure, as you can see in the pic it`s almost like a giant water mark as opposed to a rough feeling lime scale layer (if that makes sense). I`ll test a small section of it with a blade, i have a brand new one for craft etc, what lube do you recommend?

Cheers,

Try some Toothpaste. I use it for removing the odd water mark on the outside of the tank. And comes in very handy for removing marker pen when marking something out on glass/plastic.
Put a blob on your finger and dabb it onto the glass, leave it for 5 mins and then using and old toothbrush rub it untill the mark has gone. Wipe off with a damp cloth, repeat if necessary for a very stubborn stain on the glass.

Back