• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Making your own cabinets

F. Jeppesen

I have been trying to find a place that can supply me with a proper cabinet for quite some time now. Apparently no one is able to send them outside the UK so i've decided to make one on my own. I am a carpenter and have access to most materials and machines used in the industry, but i have very little experience making cabinets that can withstand the pressure from a 100l+ tank. Can someone give me some pointers, or maybe post some pictures of your own cabinets? Bought or made yourself, doesnt matter. I just need to see how much support they require :)

I used PU glued and dowel jointed 18mm birch ply with a walnut frame face for an 8o litre and veneered it. Similar construction should easily be strong enough for bigger and is also nicely resistant to water spillage

DSCF4525.jpg

I always thought Aqua-one were quite world wide you could try and email them.As a carpenter you could make a 3 by 2 timber frame covered cosmetically. Look up Sanjees Rainbow fish aquarium on here

Back