• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

making plants bush out

naz

i planted so ludwigia inclinata var.verticillata cuba,about 6 weeks ago, it seems to be doing ok.but it seem to be growing a bit leggy is there any tips to get it to bush out,instead of growing up woulds,iv heard you can nip the tops off ,is this true with plants,or could it be something to do with my lighting,i have a 260l tank but it is quite deep 24 inchs,i have a luminaire 4 x 39 w light but am only running 3 of the tubes 3 x39w is the lighting a problem,

naz said:
i planted so ludwigia inclinata var.verticillata cuba,about 6 weeks ago, it seems to be doing ok.but it seem to be growing a bit leggy is there any tips to get it to bush out,instead of growing up woulds,iv heard you can nip the tops off ,is this true with plants,or could it be something to do with my lighting,i have a 260l tank but it is quite deep 24 inchs,i have a luminaire 4 x 39 w light but am only running 3 of the tubes 3 x39w is the lighting a problem,

Yes you can nip the tips out or pardon the pun lope it in half and it will sprit again the top part you have cut - replant it.

Paul.

Start trimming each stem at about an inch, then gradually increase that level each time you trim. From each cut will sprout two stems, eventually causing the bunch to bush.

Back