• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mail order fish

Ehcosbie

My local fish shops do not stock the fish I would like to have (UK, Cornwall). Assuming that I were to purchase online when the night time temps are not freezing (next day delivery), are there any retailers that are the go to, or ones to avoid? Any advice or experiences welcome as I have not boight fish like this before.

Thanks all.

I haven’t come across either, thanks for the heads up. Have you experienced ‘aquatics to your door’ or ‘tropco’ before?

I haven’t come across either, thanks for the heads up. Have you experienced ‘aquatics to your door’ or ‘tropco’ before?
I have heard of them and a member here had an issue with one a little while ago. Personally, looking at their websites and prices I’d steer clear but it’s entirely up to you.

I'd probably wait a few months before doing it here, having said that I ordered some wild bettas from Indonesia and they turned up in 8 days without issue last february ( Be sure to quarantine appropriately!)

I'd second Pier Aquatics and G.M Aquatics.
I've been looking at Sims but haven't been able to find much info on them.

I've heard a lot of bad things about aquatics to your door however Trop Co are fantastic. I live about an hour from Trop co and and most of my fish are from them. I can't comment on there livestock delivery although they do send out a huge amount every week (have a look on there Facebook page)

Just to show you how pier aquatics send their fish. I received a pair of whiptails today. This is the size of the bag one fish came in. Both were individually packed with some form of chemical media which looked a lot like carbon which I assume was to absorb any ammonia. No idea if that would actually work although quite a few sellers seem to add this now.

They also wouldn’t send until the night time temperatures were above 8 degrees. They were happy to hold the fish until then.

Cheers
2FF3DF30-D7C0-4FDA-AD7A-42131FF2B95C.jpeg

Back