• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Maidenhead Aquatics

saintly said:
i was told, but to be honest i'd forgoten by the time id left the shop. im going this weekend. i'll ask again ed.

mark

Cheers mate. If it is I'll pass it twice a day on the commute and I'll even be able to get there and back during lunchtime too!!! Fingers are firmly crossed! :D

saintly said:
MA eastbridgeford is good. although a little misinformed on certain subjects :? plants are ok at times. MA @ whisby...mmm....do i have to answer that? plant wise, there awful. fish wise?...there ok.

there's a new branch opening at Nottingham which will cater for tropica plants apparently. :D

mark

the owner of MA @ The dukeries owns East bridgeford i think and he is openingone in Nottingham and somewhere a bit further down south near oxford i think.. He hopes to have 4 open by christmas!

JazzyJeff said:
Ascot is also good for plants as is Guilford,
Jeff, is the Guildford one any good for fish? I'm on the lookout for some new fish but since I'm going to be ferried about by friends I thought I'd try and get some research done on where to go so I don't end up dragging them to stores which are no good!

Egmel said:
JazzyJeff said:
Jeff, is the Guildford one any good for fish? I'm on the lookout for some new fish but since I'm going to be ferried about by friends I thought I'd try and get some research done on where to go so I don't end up dragging them to stores which are no good!

Hello mate, fish selection at Guilford is pretty good too be honest they stock a good range of Tetras etc
Had some very nice Dwarf Cichlids last time I was in there, they stock Discus as well, if your down that way well worth a look IMO !!!! hope this helps !!!!!!!!!!!!!

JazzyJeff said:
Egmel said:
JazzyJeff said:

Hello mate, fish selection at Guilford is pretty good too be honest they stock a good range of Tetras etc
Had some very nice Dwarf Cichlids last time I was in there, they stock Discus as well, if your down that way well worth a look IMO !!!! hope this helps !!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's great to hear. I'm under 10 miles from them so they were an obvious choice as an LFS, just wanted to check they weren't dire before going :) Cheers. :D

I've got 3 MAs close by: Fareham, Havant and Chicester. The've all improved lately especially with the addition ofTropica plants. The one in Fareham is the newest and has the 3m tank reviewed by George. It had a problem (power cut) a few weeks ago but is now on the road to recovery. The majority of staff are very helpful. Never had any problems with the fish that I've bought.

Ooh... I've never seen this thread before!

There are two MA's near me: St Albans and Enfield (I think it's called the 'Enfield' branch, but it's the one down Crews Hill anyway, can't be bothered to check the name). The one in Enfield is good enouh, the plants aren't very good quality to be honest, but they usually have quite a bit of hardscape and loads of fish. The one in St Albans is much better, there's far more hardscape and more/better quality plants. I don't think there's that many more tanks there, but they have more fish selection I think.

I've just been to the West Bridgford branch today and bought 18 Norman's Lampeyes. Had a great selection of nano fish for anyone in the Notts area. Small rasboras, barbs, killis, pencils and lots more. Decent plant selection too, but need more!

Back