• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Magnetic tool for moving Tropica soil

Fairdunnin

Hello group,

I have seen and read about people using a magnetic tool to removed/move unwanted Tropica soil that lands on sand substrate.
I have google searched and I can't seem to find any such tools.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,
James

alnitak

Hi ! You can find it in car tools or repair shops, or on the net
56 cm Flexible Pick Up Outils magnétiques Outils Métal Vis à Main Tournevis écrous boulons Soulever bâton Amazon product

Last edited:

Marios

How about a neodymium magnet? The higher the N-rating, the stronger the force. The highest rating is N52, and a small one should cost around £10. Beyond that you would require a waterproof electromagnet.
Hi Simon, are these neodymium magnets aquarium safe?

Simon Cole

Hi Simon, are these neodymium magnets aquarium safe?
Probably... I doubt that they can cause fish to swim backwards, fluorescent lights to come on when they are off, or electromagnets in filter pumps to flow in reverse. Just keep them away from contact with electronics, and be especially careful if you have a pacemaker because things like that could possibly go haywire into terminator overdrive mode.

Last edited:

ElleDee

Probably... I doubt that they can cause fish to swim backwards, fluorescent lights to come on when they are off, or electromagnets in filter pumps to flow in reverse. Just keep them away from contact with electronics, and be especially careful if you have a pacemaker because things like that could possibly go haywire into terminator overdrive mode.

And don't eat them!