• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Magnesium Sulphate dosing

widow-maker

I used to buy my salts from Aquarium PLant Foods but since it has shut down im looking for the salts from somewhere else Im going to order from aquaplantscare.co.uk they have Magnesium Suplate MgSO4x7H2O is this the same as MgSO4 I used to order from Aquarium Plant Food please?

Thanks

I used to buy my salts from
Try ebay. 'Pence per kg' compared with aquatic supplies.

Mine was 99.9% pure and was sold for flotation tanks. I.e. 'zero' gravitate flotation for the relief of stress in a sensory deprivation tank, also called an isolation tank or flotation tank used for restricted environmental stimulation therapy (REST). It is a dark, soundproof tank that is filled with a foot or less of salt water, now mag sulphate, less stingy on cuts etc.
I would have thought the treatment would have come under Article 87, third paragraph, of the 1949 Geneva Convention.
To be serious the problem I had was storage for sack that arrived, but it was a bargain.

Yes, as @ian_m said, be careful with Epsom salt (or any other salt for that matter...); make sure you get something that at least claims to be pure and food grade - and double check that it is odorless... that can give you a pretty high confidence that its good for your tank.

Cheers,
Michael

Back