• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Luecistic Danio

Gill

I promised Dev some better pix of this fluke i found in an LFS.
They thought they were ill and were going to be flushed. they were Normal Zebra Danios but looked blue/purple as if ill with something.
I took all of them (3) and put them in a tank.
Over the course of a month, they got Stronger and Stronger. but only 1 male Survived.
I had him for nearly a year and then he passed away after spawning with a normal gold zebra danio.

I Found some very similar looking LF Zebra Danios on Saturday, They have alot of the same coloring, but are not as Pink.

If I ever find any danios with this type of Color Fading on them, then i will try and breed them in the futurre.

If anyone sees them, than grab them. I believe that fish with this loss of pigment are very rare to find, as they are thought to be ill and are flushed.

Picture043-12.jpg

Picture041-5.jpg

Picture025-4.jpg

Picture022-6.jpg

Picture023-6.jpg

Picture001-11.jpg

Picture002-6.jpg

Picture003-9.jpg

I don't want to burst your bubble Gill but they look like long fin albino/leucistic danios. They're nowhere near as common as normal coloured danios but are available. If you do breed them the colouration should be a simple recessive gene and if you breed two together they should all be 'gold'. The pinky colouring may well have been stress as this is usually caused by the blood showing through the pale skin and muscle.

BTW if you breed the longfin and standard finned ones together you should see a range of fin lengths as this is usually controlled by a range of genes in most fish.

eds said:
I don't want to burst your bubble Gill but they look like long fin albino/leucistic danios. They're nowhere near as common as normal coloured danios but are available. If you do breed them the colouration should be a simple recessive gene and if you breed two together they should all be 'gold'. The pinky colouring may well have been stress as this is usually caused by the blood showing through the pale skin and muscle.

BTW if you breed the longfin and standard finned ones together you should see a range of fin lengths as this is usually controlled by a range of genes in most fish.

Ahh Ok, its just this was the 1st time i had seen one like this. and is was amazing watching it change from a normal black/grey danio to this color.
The fish was always this pale pinky color even when in the tank, and when light caught it a certain way would look almost platinum.

Back