• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ludwigia Glandulosa problem

Brian Murphy

I know its a hard plant to grow but it was doing well and there was some growth. Any ideas to what the problem is so I rectify it, both drop checkers showing near yellow and 2 powerheads are now in the tank to aid distribution. Dosing EI and using 1x 39w 8 hrs a day with co2 on 2 hours b4 lights on and off 1 hr b4 lights off.
Also wanted to know how long roughly does everyone start seeing the likes of eleocharis accicularis spreading and sending out shoots?

20131111_211629_zps28631728.jpg
20131111_211640_zpsef8da9b0.jpg

allelopathy comes to mind when I see eleocharis...(the family of plants have been proven to excrete chemicals that can kill / inhibit other plants) I've long considered it "the poison dwarf", others will disagree, but I can only go on what I've observed, read in books (D Walstad: ecology of planted aquarium), and consider a plausible strategy where a short plant can compete against potentially taller light blocking rivals. Maybe try moving it away from hair grass and see if it fairs better?

Back