• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lubricant for seals

Funny you ask this as Ive just this minute replyed to another thread about this I use good old vasilene works a treat

I am using plumbers grease its drinking water safe and I have had no problems in my tanks so it seems to be fish safe.

Thanks tim Ive never came across this before ive been using vaseline for years now but definitely worth changing just incase

Reactions: tim
Eheim water neutral maintenance spray.......only needs a small amount, so the spray lasts me for ages.
Not just rubber seals, but all moving parts.

Thats the stuff ive just got too. Eheim used to supply it with their filters but stopped it for some reason. As if the filters dont cost enough anyway ha ha

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Eheim water neutral maintenance spray.......only needs a small amount, so the spray lasts me for ages.
Not just rubber seals, but all moving parts.
Never heard of it, what is it?

I use vegetable oil on my finger to lube the O ring's on canister's.

Though all the other Eheim filters say "Clean seal areas and spray lightly with EHEIM silicone grease spray (Order no. 4001000)."

Back