• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low tech tank pictures

This are some of mine...

The pictures frome shop are a litle bad, becouse its hard to take photos there. We have many outdoor light, becouse the shop is in shopping centre.

Aquariums frome shop where I work ( I did them)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fluval Flora 33L 11W light, a litle of co2.

21871.jpg

The day after I did it

P1050874-001.JPG

"today"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

54L Juwel Koral 60, 15w light no co2

p1040426.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fluval Aqua box 5L 5w lamp, no co2, no filter

P1050973.JPG

Tetra 20 L Aquarium 10w lamp, no co2

P1050967.JPG

Juwel vision 450, 450L (biotom sud america) 4x 54w lamp, no co2

P1050820.jpg

My 110L Aquarium (old picture) 2x 20w lamp, no co2

110L.jpg

Hahaha that Tetra was an accident. It wasnt ment to be:p
A girl both it and she brig it back becose the glass was broken. So the boss said we will throw it away. I said no, i fixed it and here it is:D The only thing I changed the filter, the original is too big :)

Hi all,
This is the tank in the back of the lab. It has been set up 2 years, silica sand substrate, 2 x 14W T5 on a 12 hour day, but with some natural light, no fertiliser addition ever, but dead leaves added regularly, water changes with rain-water, and mostly live food. Conductivity is about 100 microS, and I haven't tested anything else.
dicrossus_clup1_resize-1.jpg

and from above:
top_view.jpg

in situ
tank_backoflab.jpg

As maintenance is sometimes problematic, I certainly wouldn't want the plants to grow any-more quickly than they do.

cheers Darrel

Ha,Ha, Look's like the plant's in the tank's are doin better than the one in pot on the file cabinet.
Thought I saw some shrimp, and checkerboard cichlid's? Do the cichlid's eat many?
Am looking for small cichlid to place in 80 gallon tank that won't hunt down all my cherry shrimp.
your thought's?

looks like cryptocoryne legroi to me. Mine are very similar, although i have 2 batches that have slightly different colouring.

Hi all,
Look's like the plant's in the tank's are doin better than the one in pot on the file cabinet.
No they are not going to win any prizes are they? The Monstera and Ficus benjamina have perked up a bit since then, but they don't like the low light and central heating in the winter. The other plant is Ruellia makoyana, it would have looked better if I'd taken the dead flowers of it, but is actually a good house plant, flowering ~300 days a year.
Thought I saw some shrimp, and checkerboard cichlid's? Do the cichlid's eat many?
There are still a few left in there, the Checkerboards have grown a bit and now spawned, but they have small mouths and don't eat the full sized Cherries like the Apistogramma will. They are really interesting to watch and quite different from all the other Cichlids I've kept. They also eat absolutely anything (including flake and the cucumber) which has really surprised me.

These are Dicrossus maculatus, which seem a lot less demanding than D. filamentosus. I'll try and get a photo of the male later today, he is excluded from "the jungle" by mum a the moment, and is a bit of a looker. I didn't get any fry from the last spawning, but fingers crossed for this one.

cheers Darrel

Re: Low tech tank pictures - Checkerboard male

Hi all,
I still didn't get him at his best, he has really long fins, but they aren't like Apistogrammas that I'm used to. The male Apistogramma turns side-ways on and slowly "sails" past the female with all fins out looking like a galleon.

But he puts all his fins out, then only poses very briefly, before he flashes his fins up and down really quickly (more like a Thread-fin Rainbow) in front of the female. She doesn't tend to come out into the open very much, so I just get glimpses of him displaying to her between the plants.

dicrossus_clup_aug2012_flash_web.jpg

cheers Darrel

Back