• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low tech, six weeks old

alex_l

200l low-tech tank, six weeks in... looking forward to the sword growing larger and the vallis filling out.

Attachments

• 20230309_084317.jpg
    20230309_084317.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 327
I truly like this tank. Compared to fashionable creations, this
(a) is not over-designed. No special and unnatural stones, no branched pieces of wood (which never last for long in natural waters and as such cannot convey a sense of tranquility). Simplicity works better than exorbitance.
(b) is devoid of that ugly bunch of hoses, tubes, and pipes resembling an oil terminal.

Last edited:
@_Maq_ that's really nice to hear, thank you 😊 I've kept fish off and on for years but I had a long break and I'm quite rusty. The aquascaping thing has really taken off since I last had a tank and I'd never really done much planted... I had big, messy fish 🤣 So this is really my first planted tank and I see from other pictures it's definitely not on trend but the fish love the blackwater, it's softening up nicely and their colours look amazing. Plus the oak is from my friend's land 😊

I really like the dunes of sand and the few pebbles here and there too, it looks really effortless and pleasing 😊
Not sure nature heard about branches not being allowed, but still there is something nice to the look of a classic bit of oak wood 😁

Back