• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low Tech / Low Flow Plants for Betta

Sentral

Hi all,

Hoping someone can give me some advice on what plants will tolerate/thrive in a low tech and low flow tank that currently houses a betta?

It would be great if anyone has had experiences with this kind of setup :)

Cheers

I will probably float some water sprite but will almost certainly add some frogbit too as I have massesin my main tank

water sprite is great for bettas. Mine liked to swim through it as it floated on the surface. Unfortunately it all died when I went on holiday. I guess low light doesn't mean no light.

Betta isn't realy my thing, last one i had was decades ago.. Bot low tech low flow always had my preference.. Mainly because it's a perfect habitat for a small water lily.
Mater of taste but nothing more beautifull than a healthy water lily with abundand floaters.. Something rarely seen in aquariums mainly because the too much flow hinders floater development. If you get the fert and light complex in order for this plant it might just flower as well. Definitively i personaly would try to adchieve for a betta setup, i always saw the betta as the under water flower of fish spieces an equaly beatufill real flower floating above it

lilyvanilli.jpg

lilyvanilli01.jpg

would be the ultimate betta experience. :)

Tho these pictures are from a low flow high tech setup on a high fert regime.. In low tech the leaves grow 4 x smaller as will the flower.
lilyvanilli02.jpg

Betta isn't realy my thing, last one i had was decades ago.. Bot low tech low flow always had my preference.. Mainly because it's a perfect habitat for a small water lily.
Mater of taste but nothing more beautifull than a healthy water lily with abundand floaters.. Something rarely seen in aquariums mainly because the too much flow hinders floater development. If you get the fert and light complex in order for this plant it might just flower as well. Definitively i personaly would try to adchieve for a betta setup, i always saw the betta as the under water flower of fish spieces an equaly beatufill real flower floating above it

View attachment 116463

View attachment 116464

would be the ultimate betta experience. :)

Tho these pictures are from a low flow high tech setup on a high fert regime.. In low tech the leaves grow 4 x smaller as will the flower.
View attachment 116465
That is pretty neat, nice work👍.

Back