• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low tech bowl of joy

Bowl this evening, 5 and a bit months old. Hasn’t had a clean in ages, and rarely gets a feed. Plants are surviving not thriving - and interesting how little growth there has been from the moss, since this grows like the clappers in my main tank. Looks much better from a distance than close up!
26F3ED19-72F0-4CBC-9516-8E2B2030A9F3.jpeg

Likely breaking it down soon to re-do my 10 litre cube, which hopefully will then be the work tank. Colleagues have demanded the return of some shrimp in September!

Closed this bowl down today. There were lots of shrimp. And EVEN MORE baby shrimp. So many babies! Took hours to get them all out 😬 Now reunited with their relations in the main tank.

There were lots of shrimp. And EVEN MORE baby shrimp. So many babies! Took hours to get them all out
I had a similar experience last night clearing out a plastic storage crate 'holding tank' which had a few plants and a sponge filter in. And, it turned out a couple of stowaway shrimp who had bred like, well, shrimp.

Back