• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Loss of flow

Nelson

My old JBL E700 has lost a lot of flow.
It's all been cleaned,pipes/hoses sponges,media etc.
Any ideas ?.

Have you changed the length of the hoses? Most pump have Hmax in meter (height) hose lenght can influence this giving more counter pressure thus less Qmax l/h. The lable must specify this capacity. If not, and nothing physical is restricting the flow, you might want to check the impeler and or it's axle for wear or dirt. Possible replaceble with a jbl spare part.

If that all aint it.. I guess just "old".. Burnd coil, if it has seperate windings one could be burned and than it looses capacity.. Unlikely, the magnet from the impeler, but red it is possible that these in circumstances kinda can depolarize.. But i have no idea how to check that without buying a spare one and see if it makes difference. If it doesn't it's a waste of money..

Same hoses Marcel.
Maybe it's just like me,I don't work so good anymore either :lol:.

Hi Neil
Try moving the filter up to aquarium height to see if that increases flow!
Taps fully open!
hoggie
Couldn't really see any difference.Taps are fully open.

Neil

Filter media in the correct position - could be that's it's move blocking the flow

Paul
All OK.

This has been running fine for a while now.Nothing changed or moved.Got home from work today and hardly any flow.
So cleaned everything and still the same o_O.

I was just browsing a bit JBL issues at German forums (jbl pumpe hat kein druck mehr) ;) since JBL is German brand. Loss of flow in the E700 - E900 often is a old leaking o-ring gasket behind the impeller plate.. JBL has it as spare part..Maybe you damaged it with cleaning..

https://www.amazon.de/CP-e700e900-Dichtung-für-Rotorabdeckung/dp/B0054KR9DC/ref=sr_1_1/260-1231492-4408517?ie=UTF8&qid=1493665725&sr=8-1&keywords=jbl+cristalprofi+e900+dichtung

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JBL-CP-e700-e900-O-ring-for-impeller-cover-Art-no-6013000-/222013436592

Back