• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Looking to make my spray bar go deeper

Furgan

I have a tetra ex 800 with spray bar, but I would like the spray bar to go down deeper into the tank, Basically the pipe is too short and I want the spray bar to sit lower in the tank so it’s actualy in the water.

This is my outlet that connects to the spray bar. I would like to find some5hung that goes into the u bend to extend the elbow. The u bend is18mm and the elbow is 20mm or a longer elbow. I’ve looked in b and q and searched around online but struggling to find anything that would work.

890A7F65-3D8C-44E7-9059-10C9E6186D4F.jpeg

Have a look at a hardware store for reticulation fittings, would think you could use a 19mm male/male fitting into the elbow then just use some pipe between the U bend and elbow connecting onto the male/male fitting

9314538004685.jpg

The u bend is18mm and the elbow is 20mm or a longer elbow
internal or external measurements?
You might struggle to find something that is a snug enough fit so it's probably worth looking at either buying a new spraybar with this feature included or DIY one.

Then again someone else might know just the fitting you need!

Your right it’s me being stupid and trying to use a rubbish ruler. One of them is 2 mm out I would say the larger one should be 18/20

Your right it’s me being stupid and trying to use a rubbish ruler. One of them is 2 mm out I would say the larger one should be 18/20
If it was me I would revert back to my first post - you don't know the exact pipe measurements and this type of fitting relies on it being a snug fit to work.

it's probably worth looking at either buying a new spraybar with this feature included or DIY one.

Back