• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Looking for shrimpsafe Hornwort

Jack B

All the major suppliers seem to be out of this - I want to add it to my low tech tank to fend off algae (I'll also be using some Amazon Frogbit that I've already ordered)

If anyone knows a reputable seller who has some in stock (or something else that would do the same job) I'd be grateful for the tipoff

Hi all,
If anyone knows a reputable seller who has some in stock (or something else that would do the same job)
It doesn't <"tend to post very well">, so I usually look for it in Garden Centre pond sections etc.

Indian Fern (Ceratopteris cornuta) <"does the same job">, it also doesn't post very well, but you can often buy it in <"Pets@Home">.

Here is some of @Parablennius's. It is a seriously good plant.

dscn1622-jpg.jpg

cheers Darrel

Hi all, It doesn't <"tend to post very well">, so I usually look for it in Garden Centre pond sections etc.

Indian Fern (Ceratopteris cornuta) <"does the same job">, it also doesn't post very well, but you can often buy it in <"Pets@Home">.

Here is some of @Parablennius's. It is a seriously good plant.

dscn1622-jpg.jpg

cheers Darrel

Thanks Darrell, once again., and Steve. Options are good!

Are there any nasties for me to look out for at garden centres / LFSs / random Ebay sellers when buying plants? Do I need to ask about ferts / snails or similar, or should I just chill out? Am mindful of my shrimp...

Hi Jack
Look for fast growing stem plants used as floaters!
Hygrophlia sp difformis/Ludwigia sp repens/Hygrophlia sp polysperma.
Sometimes available within the UKaps!...…. ;)
hoggie

Hi Jack
Look for fast growing stem plants used as floaters!
Hygrophlia sp difformis/Ludwigia sp repens/Hygrophlia sp polysperma.
Sometimes available within the UKaps!...…. ;)
hoggie

Good tip Hoggie - thanks. By 'within the Ukaps' you mean...sponsors?

Back