• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

looking for inspiration

soton_dave

im soon going to be shutting down my reef tank and transfering any stock i'd like to keep to a smaller tank,doing this leaves me with a sizable tank to play with.

the tanks 68"x28"x15" water depth,its a sumped tank and i'd like to utilise the sump for heaters,media etc.

fishwise ive a soft spot for congo tetras having kept them before but am wondering about trying some chocolate gouramies this time,i can remember a log on here with them,think it was a bucket of mud or something lol.im pretty open to fish selection to be honest

im looking to go low tech this time,scapewise ive no idea what i want,i suppose fish selection will play a part in that.

anyone kept or scaped a tank roughly the size of mine before?any pics would be a great help

cheers dave

transfering any stock i'd like to keep to a smaller tank
You mean you are still going to keep a smaller reef tank? - Just remember it's far easier to keep a bigger marine aquarium than a smaller one.
Not to deter you from keeoing a planted tank by any means though!

the tanks 68"x28"x15" water depth
I make that around 170 x 71 x 38cm (LxWxH) which is quite long and wide for it's depth so try looking through google images and pinterest for things like 'shallow aquascapes' or 'shallow planted aquarium'
You might just find something that catches your eye and only you will know what you do or don't like.

chocolate gouramies
There's a few threads on here about chocolate gourami and the water conditions they need, if you have an RO unit then that would probably help.
I've no personal experience of them after reading about their requirements but there's people on here who will be able to educate you from their experience.

Good luck!

Back