• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Looking for better transition plant

Framed Nature

Hi everyone!

Below is my 10G I have been working on for a few months, and only recently realized my blyxa is going to be WAY too big for this tank. Im curious on what everyone recommends as a better transition plant into the hardscape and possibly between the lobelia and rotala.

One option I am considering is running the elantine hydropiper carpet around instead, and maybe shifting the clump of lobelia in the mid-front to where the Bylxa Novo is, then put a few pieces of hydrocotyle Vert here and there to create some texture.

All advice and input is appreciated! Also excuse the scratches on the glass...not sure how to buff it out but it was damaged in transport when i moved. (If there's also advice for this...i will love you forever)
10G.jpg

Hi everyone!

Below is my 10G I have been working on for a few months, and only recently realized my blyxa is going to be WAY too big for this tank. Im curious on what everyone recommends as a better transition plant into the hardscape and possibly between the lobelia and rotala.

One option I am considering is running the elantine hydropiper carpet around instead, and maybe shifting the clump of lobelia in the mid-front to where the Bylxa Novo is, then put a few pieces of hydrocotyle Vert here and there to create some texture.

All advice and input is appreciated! Also excuse the scratches on the glass...not sure how to buff it out but it was damaged in transport when i moved. (If there's also advice for this...i will love you forever)
View attachment 194788
Blyxa japonica may be a better bet?

Blyxa japonica may be a better bet?
My original plan was blyxa japonica, but my god is it completely unobtainable in USA unlesss you spend approx 30USD for a tissue culture. I asked my LFS to get that, and they ended up pranking me with this Blyxa.

Love that plant though.....always wanted to grow Blyxa J

My original plan was blyxa japonica, but my god is it completely unobtainable in USA unlesss you spend approx 30USD for a tissue culture. I asked my LFS to get that, and they ended up pranking me with this Blyxa.

Love that plant though.....always wanted to grow Blyxa J
That’s the complete opposite here in the uk, japonica everywhere but no chance of auberti or novo. Maybe a smaller crypt then.

I would use erio Vietnam or c helfri if you want a vallis like plant.

Perhaps Narrow Leaf Sword …

The joy for me is to watch how my tank develops and then to adjust, remove and add plants, fish and landscape to improve … I love it …

For me I find that not too many colours works best , a palette of multi coloured greens looks very rich and creates a deeper perspective but it’s all a matter of taste …

Ossie …

Back