• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Looking for a light for 30L Nano Cube. £50-100…

Zhekus

Morning folks.

Can you please recommend me a decent light for 30L Dennerle Nano cube?
Just putting my first aquarium together and got a bit unstuck with lights. Will be using CO2.

If possible with diffuser? Worried it will be too harsh next to my sofa. Must be available in UK.
For £50-100?

Thank you.

I have one of these on my refugium. Its growing non demanding plants well enough at quite a distance (crypt, elodea, hygr. 51b, ferns, mosses). It might grow demanding plants too but havent tried it yet. Its cheap and build quality feels solid, simple dimmer and 2 different lenses to choose from delivered with the light.
Amazon product ASIN B07236CXBQFor this pricerange they seem decent. If you up the budget the onf nano+ is a great light.

Thank you Wolf6.

I must add I have may be 1cm clearance from the back of the tank and about 15-20cm at the top. I don’t think I can accommodate the light you suggested.

I prefer the ones that stand on the rims of aquarium. Also like the look of ONF Flat Nano, but it’s top of my budget…

Yeah the lominie wont fit then. The onf is great, and its easy to get in the tank to do something without having to remove the light first etc. Its quite pricey, but has been well worth the money. Good colours, strong output and adjustable hight, you can adjust intensity and duration from the app with the nano+ version.

Thank you everyone.
I’m looking at some Twinstar models and Chihiros.

It’s more expensive than my budget above, but what do you think about Chihiros WRGB 2? I like the fact that I don’t need controller for it like with Twinstar lights and can buy shades for it.

Is it overkill?

I have the Fluval nano on my 30l cube and it’ll grow anything.

Only downsides are the clamp is ugly, the light creates a pool of light with a higher light area in the centre and much dimmer in the corners and that if you have a power cut it stays turned off when power returns.

The above light is often found second hand or in bargain bins of online shops who don’t really “do” plants.

My suggestion would be Aquael leddy plants. I have it on my 30 litre low tech cube and I love it.
aquael-leddy-smart-2-sunny-6w-white-60617.jpg

I have the chihiros wrgb2 on my main tank and its a powerful light, running at 55% atm. I dont like the app much but it does the job. Only downside is that sometimes it makes reds look a bit purple, but its not as had as the old fashioned gro lux tubes :)

Thank you guys.
I have the chihiros wrgb2 on my main tank and its a powerful light, running at 55% atm. I dont like the app much but it does the job. Only downside is that sometimes it makes reds look a bit purple, but its not as had as the old fashioned gro lux tubes :)
Thank you.
I’m complete novice and trying to keep the cost down as I acquire equipment, but don’t want to buy twice. Do you think it’s worth the investment?

I will be using CO2 as I have kit already. Got Eden 51-100w filter with heater yesterday. More things to buy!..

I got a Chihiros A401 for a 40cm cube for $50. It's a powerful light and sits on the tank edges. They do a range of sizes. I use the manual control but there is an app. It came from China via ff520mh on eBay. Nicer then the cheap Nicrew I have on my shrimp tank.

I'd be inclined to recommend to the Leddy too - maybe see if you can find a second hand one to try and then you'll have only spent £15/20. They aren't super flexible ie. no controller but they are neat looking and designed for that size tank. I really like mine.

I'd be inclined to recommend to the Leddy too - maybe see if you can find a second hand one to try and then you'll have only spent £15/20. They aren't super flexible ie. no controller but they are neat looking and designed for that size tank. I really like mine.
I third (?) the Leddy - I have one on a 35 litre Dennerle scaper tank and it is doing a great job.

I have a Aquael Leddy also. I'm new to this but it is very neat and tidy and seems to give off plenty of light. I just got a smart plug so i can then put it on a timer/turn on/off from my mobile.

Back