• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Long time lurker, Hi?

CaridinaKid

Seedling
Finally decided to join, loved all the advanced discussions and a bit sick of the argumentative nature of Reddit and Facebook communities.

I’m looking for tips regarding Bucephalandra- specifically more advanced, unconventional and ‘trade secret’ tips if someone could advise me.

I’ve been a Caridina shrimp enthusiast and breeder for a while now- I’ve always liked aquascapes and finally took the plunge a few weeks ago and got a high tech co2 fire-extinguisher injected tank after getting some Buce for the first time.

When I saw the blue shiny iridescence i knew it was the plant for me and Ive since obtained a nice collection- this is the only forum I’ve seen people actually recommending carefully planting (just) the roots in the soil, something I’ve also noticed makes my plants grow a bit faster.

I have a problem with black-beard/hair algae and have tried to manually scrape it off without much success (perhaps I should get an Oto?) . I have also been reading up on a few old posts about how/when to best cut the rhizome, to multiply the plant the fastest basically. If anyone has any more posts, photos/inspiration let me know. Also would like to know the individual differences between Buce variants, I know that some prefer emersed growth, that some grow quicker, some have more colours etc.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
Back