• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Long filter outlet

FishNerm

Has anyone found a filter outlet solution which would allow me to return the water lower in to the tank than most standard outlets do? My Google skills are failing me.

The reason I ask is that I feel like I'm using more CO2 than I should need on paper to see any colour change my drop checker.

I run 2 canister filters, one of which has my CO2 reactor on the return. I'd like to experiment with returning the CO2 enriched water a few inches deeper in to the tank to see if it helps. I'm using the standard Oase and JBL outlets at the moment, don't mind modifying these or trying something new.

The way most fol get the CO2 to the lower levels is with good flow and turnover. All the outlets need to complement each other to create the best turnover in the tank. Also by having a smaller outlet diameter less water is pushed out but it is pushed out at a higher speed 'jet' which creates better tank turnover/flow. When I was using a spraybar in my 500l tank I tried various hole diameters and how many until I found which gave the best turnover/flow in the tank, it wasn't the biggest/most holes that gave the best turnover/flow

Back