• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

London Riots

twg

I'm literally speechless watching all this unfold.

Do any other members live in London or surrounding areas?

What's going on?!

The worlds gone mad! :(

easerthegeezer said:
im in Cambridge but equally as disgusted by what im watching.
On the news it tlooks like every bored hoodie kid has poured into london to see what they can loot!
Should be open season for rubber bullets if you ask me!!

That is exactly what is happening, the loosers are just out for looting, even people that walk by are looting. The police is too powerless to do something.

There should be soldiers on the streets with rubber bullets

Hopefully my dads shop that me my brother and him have poured our last year into working all hours and not taking a wage will still be there.

Going to be a sleepless night for me as I've seen a video of people looting in Romford

These people really are the scum of the earth.

It's heartbreaking watching such mindless violence unfold with absolutely no reason behind it. Just watching on tv makes you incredibly sad and angry.

I hear the government has called an emergency meeting tomorrow and it'll be interesting to see what approach they take. Surely the time has come for a more robust response?

The Americans wouldn't stand for this that's for sure! I read they shoot looters on the spot.

Sounds good to me!

Whats worse is Ken Livingstone on every channel he can get on trying to make political points over it!!!

There's no comparison here between the eighties riots. They were over an issue. this is just people having 'fun' and jumping on the back of an issue for their own 'enjoyment'.

I hope the CCTV goes into overdrive.

The only person I heard a 'real' reason behind the bahaviour was on Newsnight saying it was because kids these days have no morals, to many rights etc and no understanding of right and wrong. Of course many do but the majority don't.

Shameless behaviour and should be stamped on fully.

All of those who can be identified as being involved in setitng fire to buildings should be in court for attempted murder!!!

More to the point. It is all youths and kids. What on earth are the parents doing? Why are kids on the street doing this? I'm only 36 but I wasn't out on the streets at night when I was 13,14,15,16. If I were I was in big trouble when I got home. In this day when for some reason parents buy their kids mobile phones this should not be a problem.

Andy

SuperColey1 said:
All of those who can be identified as being involved in setitng fire to buildings should be in court for attempted murder!!!

100% agree.

It's a miracle nobody has lost their life already.

All we can hear are sirens! Nothing round here to loot though first time I feel lucky to live on a crap area!!! But hearing ladbroke grove where I work 10 mins away is pretty bad! Pubs & restaurants ruined. Watching on tv where are these kids parents?

Thanks for the link, it's good to stay informed. I can't even understand why this has been allowed to go this far. What are the police doing? Get the army in, tear gas and water cannons. Then castrate the lot of them.

Lol. You would need Thatcher back for the above to be put into action and there is no doubt she would have done it. A lot earlier than now!!!

Health and safety has a lot to do with why the police can't do much at the moment.

One solution would be to cut the power, then all the parents 'playstations' would turn off and they may notice the time and then wonder where their kids are.

Andy

skeletonw00t said:
It's the banker's fault. Or the government... Or Margaret Thatcher.

Sounds like the USA:)

Or yesterday in South Sacramento. But the kids here have guns and we do not use rubber bullets.

Yes, we shoot looters and robbers. Some folks shoot themselves. Guns and ammo, that is all we export and make in the USA anymore.

An old saying, "an idle mind is an evil mind", that is the case in many of these regions. Never mess with a cop, they will likely shoot you first, ask questions later, only a stupid idiot would mess and challenge them. I blame the victim here, not the cops. It takes two.....but.........I'll always lose in the end if anything goes wrong.

It's like arguing with a super tanker and you are 3 meter boat about who's going through the canal first.
The Transit police shot an unarmed guy here in Oakland,CA they pulled the same type of crap. Did not last or get this bad, but riots are not about justice.

The 'justice part' is what was being used an excuse Tom. There was a peaceful protest outisde a police station. when no senior police came out the protestors decided to give up. People jumped on the bandwagon and decided to hijack the cause. Now its spiralled and while the London kids started rioting and looting, now Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool have jumped on the copycat wagon too.

If it spirals further there might be reports of a couple of kids in Lincoln Ringing doorbells and running away. Makes me glad to live in a quiet area!!! The wife always moans and wants to move to a bigger city but that ain't gonna happen.

Andy

My sisters fella lives just outside Croydon, he said last night looked like an apocalyptic seen from his widow. Fires and mobs running around. Last time I spoke to him he was going to barricade the door...

Not what you expect to do on a Monday evening.

Absolute insanity has taken over the country and it's spreading fast. Now that it has reached Birmingham, I don't think there will be an obstacle for it to spread through the Midlands.

Yet I wonder why all the country's leaders have decided to cut their holidays short just yesterday or today? That's not very good handling of the situation. And no statements have been made yet, have they?

The police are also massively understaffed to handle such a big outbreak. I'm actually getting really worried, as I live in the Midlands and we don't know what's gonna happen. I think rubber bullets and gas are the way to go, that's what they do in most countries, isn't it?

And the worst those chipmunks people striping other people naked mostly white. F...g monkeys. They think they own the earth now. My blood is boiling. Where I can buy Gun now for protection? Police is helpless totally and telling those scums they can get away with anything.

It's crazy. A lot of videos floating about. It kicked off in Birmingham last night too. I was watching a thread on a London based forum that I use, watching people posting about what's going on right outside their homes; fires, vandalism, looting... Scary stuff.

Back