• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

London Riots

Alastair said:
Started here in Manchester now too.....they all think its a game
Of course they think it is a game, the morons. Go out with your mates, get a laptop, iPod or iPad and then come home, easy and safe, the police just looks on.

Hopefully tonight they will get what they deserve, at minimum a beating.

---

I think they should get a beating for it. I was watching the news of the yobs throwing stones etc at the riot police laughing their heads off. Would be a different story had it been their families business that had been burnt to the ground etc. But saying that the parents of a lot of these have probably been sat on their back sides too watching their lives pass by.,

I'm surprised at how many rioters wear ADIDAS track suits! I think these people are scum. I also think this reflects how sick a large part of our society has become. It's not about politics, race or money. It's about a lack of empathy towards our neighbours.

There's plenty of folks with guns here, getting away without getting shot would be tough in the USA. Flask mobs maybe due to the speed, but not on going.........The Rodney King stuff really pissed off a lot of people on both sides in LA........same type of stuff.

I have to wonder though, why the UK and many places in Europe do not allow guns other than the Police, seems like a hold over from the old days when the Lords would not allow the serfs to own weapons, easy to control an unarmed mob with weapons.

Seems a basic right: to defend life and property.
You folks have pepper spray, bow and arrow, skunk-in-a-can??? Cars also work well.
Well, hope things settle down, maybe you can turn on the police and cut their wages and no#'s now?
That's what they seem to wanna do in the USA, till something like this happens, then they want to have the police and complain about that, cannot have it both ways. When the sun is shining, everyone wants to say how we should cut their pay, no#'s and benefits.....same for fire.........till there's a riot or a fire or both..........

Now everyone wants them and a gun :rolleyes:

Well....... good luck. Hope things calm down.

nayr88 said:
http://london.craigslist.co.uk/mob/2536072357.html
Surely this guy is going to get knicked. What an absolute ****

They shut that link down fast:)

tyrophagus said:
I'm surprised at how many rioters wear ADIDAS track suits!

I think you've just watched the same news report as me lol.

I just wish the police would use more force to get rid of them. Where are the water cannons and rubber bullets? :mad:

" Sales of baseball bats and police batons shot up more than 5,000 percent in the last 24 hours on Amazon's British website."

"Youth gangs were reported to be coordinating their movements though social networks -- particularly secure-access Blackberry Messenger groups -- and targeting shops."

Flash mobs.......great, you folks learn the same tricks they use here, then they run off.

I think i got the link wrong, just changed it.

Today in my dads shop we didn't board the windows, we put a piece of wood the lengh of the window and about 600 deep infront of the window on the inside ...... We nailed varios size nails an screws through it and faced them up.

On the bus on the way home, a gang where saying how they had enough of being bullied by police and this is the uprise.....10 minutes later they laughed at how one of the members 'runs like an ape, on his knuckles and feet when his about to rob someone, like last year the kid He did it to then jumped on him and bit his neck'.

So his justifies this crap by sayininf his race are hated for no reason, yet in the next breath jokes about robbing people and biting them?

Salford mate, I work near hope hospital aswell, all the garages were getting closed when I finished my shift before

It''s getting hard for me to understand this now.

Why aren't the cops cracking heads? Why haven't they taken control of the streets back? Do they have to operate with one hand tied behind their backs over there because of political correctness or something??

Surely if they were given the green light they could get these scumbugs under control mighty fast.

I'm stunned how this has spread across the UK.

Just proves how diseased small pockets of our society are!

Yes they are worried that they (cops) will be held accountable if a looter is injured.

Much like the decent cop that landed a chest shot on a guy with a gun, people are demanding he gets sent to court!!!
well why did he have a gun? To scare intimidate and make any criminal activity an easier process with less chance of someone putting up a fight or saying no to him.

My Heart goes out to his family, but you can't condone him having a gun, and being videos for music videos making gun gestures...

A good saying

Live by the sword die by the sword.

Cops are trying to minimize destruction but also protect themselves, if they start cracking heads, then they have the crowd turn on them. If they shoot and kill a few, then they get blamed, they are not in an easy spot.

Now if a crowd of angry normal folks got the pitch forks and torches......then went after them, then there'd be mayhem.

So it's a tough spot to be in. Crowd control is not the easiest thing.
They will nab the really bad actor once in awhile if it's easy or particularly harmful.
They shot a few folks in the 1960'-1970's here, it did not end well for all sides.
I remember watching the US military come onto the campus where my father worked.
Detroit? They had the elite Army division sent in there.

It was crazy.

Shop owners however are well thought of if they shoot a thug. But not cops, they do not like to do that, it's their biggest fear: they have to shoot or be killed, never a good scene. Shop owner is simply defending his turf. Quite a few have guns here.

And we have a shooting about once a week here in Sacramento CA, same in Oakland and certainly the case in LA. You'll die in car more likely though. Thugs shoot each other mostly, not the rest of the folks, but stray bullets do kill a few innocents every year. I was amazed we did not have a shooting this year at the State Fair. It's weird for us in the USA to watch this in the UK.

Back