• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Logging in probs

andy

For some reason, since yesterday, i have to log in to UKAPS every time i vist the site despite checking the box "log me in each time i visit"

Any suggestions ? (in easy to understand thickton talk !!! :lol: )

Andy

er not really. i have not had this problem recently but have in the past. it fixed itself when i cleared my temporary internet files which deletes the passwords and login details in your memory (along with internet history etc...) when i logged on for the first time after doing this i checked the box and it has been fine ever since.

to do this click "start" , right click on the internet button, click internet properties, click delete browsing history, click delete all and check the off-line box.

this will totally clear all internet related memory. all web addresses will be deleted from your browser address window, all cookies will be deleted and usernames and passwords.

you will retain your favourites though.

it's worth doing this every month or so as it does clog up your system some what.

on the other hand someone with more experience may well step in with another suggestion.

So is any of the admin/mods aware that there's a problem ?

I sometimes have to try 2 or 3 times to log on :twisted:

i had an issue 2 days ago, since has been fine, though i did go to the log in then ticked the box and all went ok

otherwise clearing internet cache does seem to work if perssitent prob

fishgeek said:
i had an issue 2 days ago, since has been fine, though i did go to the log in then ticked the box and all went ok

otherwise clearing internet cache does seem to work if perssitent prob

its a known problem with Internet Explorer when working with sessions, it sometimes gets mildly confused.. unfortunately, nothing we can do this end as its a fault with the browser.. microsoft know about it, but as usual, are ignoring it.

I now have to log on twice. I log on, the page then asks me to do it again and then i get on.....tis driving me up the bloody wall :twisted:

mine makes me sign on twice too when im at my girlfriends then I have to read each forum looking for threads I don't recognise.

Back