• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lockdown 60L Nano

I now seem to have most of the bits I ordered for a new 60L Nano while I’m in lockdown.

Dennerle 60L Nano
Sera 130 + UV
12/16 stainless inlet/outlet pipes
Habistat heat mat
Elitech 1550 thermostat

I didn’t really want the skimmer version of the stainless inlet but it was the only type available in this country at the moment. The submerged inlet slots are a bit big but luckily I also received some stainless mesh I ordered this morning so I need to fabricate a cover from it.

I have some silver sand but not much in the way of hardscape. There are some small pieces of Lava rock in a box somewhere but not really enough. I also have a large piece of bog wood but it’s resisting all attempts to sink it at the moment - it’s underwater sulking in a trug in the garden with a brick sitting on it!

My 37L Nano is a bit overgrown so I can transfer some to the new tank and I also have lots of young shrimp that can go over once it’s cycled. The 60L will replace the little 10L.
D4C63BE1-0366-40F8-A3A4-420011F4E08A.jpeg
0819A20F-B858-4924-9E84-4D4226ABC3D2.jpeg

Nice little tank, will look great next to the 37l. Love the light on the 37l, something different.

cheers

Conor

Thanks. Not sure what I’m doing about lighting at the moment. I have some more bits on order but may swap the existing lights over.

Eventual inhabitants with be ten or twelve Corydoras, probably a mix of Panda and Sterbai.

great start, where are your lights from? really different. The inlet and outlet are very smart too, where are they from?

I made the light on the left using a 12W LED COB lamp (£2.38) from eBay. The stainless inlets and outlets also came from there. The light on the right is an Eheim light unit with a stand I made for it.

I transferred some shrimp into the 60L a couple of weeks ago and they’ve started breeding already. I’ll update with a new photo.

Back