• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Living waters croydon?

Dan-CR4

not sure if this is the right section, but was wondering if Living waters is closing down, as went there over the weekend and most of the tanks were empty and most of the shelves were also empty, it was sad to see it like that. did not even see any staff there as I was looking round, maybe they were out the back, anyone know anything about this? would be a shame to see it go.

I do not know the place but the same happened here,really run down & empty found out it was prior to a new owner taking over.
All's well now full clean tanks & stocked shelves.

Hi guys just to let you know living waters is still open and alive and kicking . They are struggling but since Jan this year they have made big improvements with more fish stock plus a amazing choice of plants plus recently adding a scape pit . It's now full of great hardscape and everything you could need for the planted tank. So if you're in London or southeast make sure you get down there and show support

Unfortunately true now... it’s being demolished for flats... although will continue to sell a few oddball plants via Facebook and the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A real shame! Living waters played a big part in my path to loving planted tanks... I will never forget the mature moss scapes they had. Darren has some good contacts in the plant world so I’m looking forward to seeing what comes about from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw the news from Darren on FB, sad news indeed, hopefully can make a come back at some stage
Seems like my post asking if this is true he is now redundant. I guess I should’ve read a little bit longer before posting and asking but when I saw Google say it was permanently closed I was just so gutted. I haven’t been in the hobby for awhile as I’ve been looking after a terminally ill relative, but it is still heartbreaking to hear of stores like living waters going by the wayside. Ultimately as well as the owners losing out, it’s us, the hobbyists, who also lose out. It seems that more and more is heading towards online purchase and there really is no pleasure in that for me.

It was a shame indeed, that place was awesome, lack of transport links was also an issue, unless you drove there not many other ways to easily get there! Wonder what Darren is up to now!

Sure was, we miss Darren! Shame he is not keen on sharing his knowledge in a forum like this! It's a shame for it to go to waste!

He should start a new online store. Just went to my local MA and they don't even have clear airline tubing! Green Grey Blue. There's something missing. A gap in the local/ online shop vibe. Come on Darren!!
Sorry guys, I'm on one again....

Back