• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Little Willow

Gill

So yesterday one of the neighbours knocks on the door. Tells us he thinks he has found some of the stolen stuff from the garage breakin.
Turns out the theives had stashed some of the stuff the took in some bushes that had been cut down.
And low and behold my Desktop tank was still in its box, albiet a little battered.
Decided to have a good look at it this afternoon, and gave it a clean and set it up. Works fine and not asingle crack in the glass, and none of the seals had gone.
Insurance people are not bothered as claim is closed now. And it was the only receipted item found.

So here goes,

Firstly Spent a while cleaning the cat litter using a tea leaf strainer, and was so much better method to clean it.
IMAG1100_zps4d8d3e88.jpg

Then Select peices of hardscape to use and Boil as not used them before and wanted to make sure they would stay point - Left them to boil for an hour or so, before draining and cooling.
IMAG1098_zps7855fa84.jpg

IMAG1102_zps773e7a1d.jpg

Then removed the willow moss I wanted to use, from the Laos Bowl.
Added cat litter substrate and then the willow moss and arranged the hardscape.
This feature I like about the tank when it comes filling, there is a Gap underneath where the internal filter sits, and this allows the water you add not to disturb the substrate. So you can pour the water over the top/back of the filter.

Once it was filled with water from the main tank, I caught as many of the Orange Sakuras and Crabs i could and added them to the tank.

Will take pix later to upload.

Back