• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my aquascape Little nano tank in Yorkshire Dales

saundersbp

Hello - I recently returned to two childhood hobbies - cycling and aquariums, Like everyone I turned to youtube for research and noticed how commodified/rationalised each hobby had become in the intervening two decades. Bikes and associated paraphernalia seem to have become a branch of the fashion industry and as for aquariums it was all: 'here we have a blogs model 60L tank with blogs filtration and blogs canister CO2 injection costing around £500 needing daily maintenance and 4 chemicals added each week- my head was spinning!

Anyway despite finding the geeky consumerist stuff very off putting I am focusing on the greatest joy of it all - creating a home for living creatures. I've just got plants at the moment but will add some animals after the summer holidays and wanted to share where I'd got to after 3 weeks - the plants have just started growing!

PXL_20220520_155642602.jpg

PXL_20220521_135334186.MP_exported_1767.jpg

PXL_20220608_091526718 (1).jpg

PXL_20220608_091604988.jpg

PXL_20220608_091538166.MP.jpg

Very nice. The wood growing amongst the rocks looks really natural. Love the colours on the rocks, don't hide that with too many plants!

Very nice. The wood growing amongst the rocks looks really natural. Love the colours on the rocks, don't hide that with too many plants
That's really kind of you. Plan is to let the plants grow to cover the gubbins at the back (heater and pump) and keep the rocks and wood as main focus as you suggested.

Back