• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Little mountain scape

What is fiss background?

Yeah, wasn't the best choice of words.

Have a look at the 2013 AGA nano winner. That scape was sort my inspiration for this one. It has a wavy line of fissidens going across the back of the tank. Another row, another shape of green, another level of depth before you hit the back glass. At least, that's the idea. I think I should really use mini fiss, but I have no access to that moss. But I have a ton of Mt. Glorious fiss (native Australian I think).

This is the scape I'm referring to:

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2013/show267.html

I think the grass you're referring to is actually java moss. Anyway it's been removed now. Also had a go at adding some flame moss behind the fissidens, but I doubt it'll show up much in pics until it thickens up a bit.

Thanks Rob!

Truth is I'm thinking of rescaping this tank pretty soon. An ohko window or something. I'll do a desktop mock-up first.

Hello Dantrasy,
I am looking forward to seeing your next scape plan. are you going to show your progress from the planning stage?
Coincidentally I am starting planning for a 30 li. rimless aquarium. I have an awfully lot to learn, although I have experience as a natural history living exhibit designer here in the U.S. west.
I would like enough LED light to grow a Micranthemum umbrosum “Monte Carlo” & Eleocharis parvula “Dwarf Hairgrass carpet. I'm using ADA Amazonian substrate, an EHEIM Classic 2211 External Canister Filter, augmented with an aquaclear 30 HOB filter, DIY CO2 until I can afford pressurized. Would be nice to have a rimless tank mounting system. I also am planning on installing an emergent "soap dish" planter on the side of my tank. I am going to go out hunting for interesting rocks for my layout and love your idea of doing it on a table first.
Thanks again for your fascinating landscape.

This tank looks really great. :) One of the best nano tanks I've come across :)

Cheers,

Karthik

Hi Rob, yes, when the new scape gets under way I'll post pics from the beginning. As it's the same tank I'll probably just continue this thread. Do you have your led light yet? If I had my time again I'd get the flexi-mini. It get great reviews and I've seen what it can do at my lfs. The aqausky is too much light and cost too much as well. Good luck with your new scape!

Hi Karthik, thanks a lot!

This tank was empty last week and re-scaped this weekend. I've agreed to let my lfs have rights to the pictures (the shop owner wants original content for a websites he's building). In return I got a heap of rocks and and plants to keep. And the scape is in my house.

Back