• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Little co2 setup help...

ChrisP

Ok so I got a complete co2 system from co2art and sourced a bottle. I've got it all setup but need a little assistance.

My tank is 55L what bubble rate should I start off with? I initially had it set to 1 bubble every 2 seconds.

Do people put the solenoid on a timer for just before lights come on? Sure I read somewhere to put the gas on 1 hour before.

Can someone tell me how inline atomisers work? I expected to see water mixing with the gas. But the water seems to go through the middle and the gas is in an outer chamber...

Lastly anything I should check? Everything seems to be hooked up fine but I'm paranoid.

Use two pugin timers one for the CO2 and the other for the lights.
As for the atomiser I havent got mine running st present but iirc dont the water and the CO2 end ip in the same outlet pipe that empties in to the tank?

Yep I have a spare timer I'll hook it up. Lights and gas on at the same time or offset?

Hard to see what's going on with the atomiser. There's a central shaft where the water outlet goes through and the gas in a surrounding chamber. Must be something going on I can't see where they are mixed.

Yep I have a spare timer I'll hook it up. Lights and gas on at the same time or offset?

Hard to see what's going on with the atomiser. There's a central shaft where the water outlet goes through and the gas in a surrounding chamber. Must be something going on I can't see where they are mixed.

Start with gas on 1 hour before lights and gas off 1 hour before lights off. Get a drop checker as this will give you an indication of the Co2 ppm. your are aiming for a green/lime green colour when lights on and it to stay this colour until lights off. Trying to achieving this colour will determine your bubble count as you will adjusting the co2 injection rate.

Back