• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lit background

DeiJas

Hello,

I keep seeing those amazing lit backgrounds of various colors, how is it made? Example:
upload_2018-10-3_11-12-17.png

I wonder if it actually looks just as good live as in pictures... or is it more of a gimmick to get better photos?

I wonder if it actually looks just as good live as in pictures... or is it more of a gimmick to get better photos?

I think it looks better in person than it does in pictures, pictures look pretty good though.

I'm going to try doing something like this with a blue 'moon' led light hidden in the hood pointing down towards the wall behind the aquarium...

If you want a lighter background consider putting aluminium foil on the sides of your tank for more depth perception. It picks up the reflection from the lights, cheap & no power costs. I used radiator reflective foil, it also blocks light from outside the tank so less algae scraping.

It looks pretty good, behind frosted foil.. I played with it for a while and you can get stunning depth effects with using the propper colors.

My personal best result was using led strips on a controller that does % per channel. Than 1 rgb light, installed at the bottom beaming up and 1 white light installed at the top beaming down. Than you can create a stunning fade over mimicing natural white light from the sun from above and the color of the invironment deeper down into the water near the bottom. The RGB color set will be most saturated in color near the tansk bottom and slowly fade into the white from above.

dscf7385-kopie-jpg.jpg

The possibilities in color schemes are about endless. Bellow few examples..

Making the bottom RGB a bit orange/brown, gives that tannin stain look in the deeper part fading into the white light from above.
dscf4525-kopie-jpg.jpg

If you like blue than this is an option.
dscf4518-kopie-jpg.jpg

With a proper controller you can even change color schemes automated from dawn till dusk or even moon light effects.

Like the crimson sky at the late afternoon..
dscf4533-kopie-jpg.jpg

These picture are exaggerated bright , because you need enough light to make the camare pic up the effect. In real time for the viewers eyes only just imagine it should be dimmed even much further to soften the colors even more and be less in your face. :)

Back