• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

List-like FTS thread?

Tomfish

I've often wanted to quickly look through the selection of scapes on this forum and have found it surprising that there is not a sticky thread that people could post a singled picture of each scape with minimal text, allowing for speedy scanning. The reason for this precursor thread is that I wonder what members think. Whether it is a good idea or whether they feel it could dilute wider use of the'planted tank gallery' section? Cheers

I like the idea. Can put a link for the journal in there I people want to know more. Most people want to know more!

I think it is a great idea, I often browse the forum just to look at the pictures for ideas and inspiration. As "Jojouk" writes you could always insert a link to more a more detailed post.

I see your point Tim. I think I've missed something important there, ha ha. It got me to thinking, what if the title was say 'The List: DO NOT POST UNTIL YOU HAVE READ GUIDELINES. Then a short introduction post (again maybe in bold) explaining and making light of the need to be a little authoritarian;) hopefully this could mitigate unwanted replies for the thread to remain useful.

Reactions: tim
I like the idea too, although I doubt that even a very strict moderator could make it work - someone will always go off topic. Blimey...isn't it hot? And there's more of the same forecast for this weekend.

That said, I'll get the ball rolling with my favourite FTS...

Balloon-Tank.jpg

I dont mind voluteering my services to monitor the thread? Is there a way that the current mods can authorise me to only do that and nothing else?

Right I'll get on to it when my girlfriend finally gives up on her bejewelled obsession. My fingers are too clumsy for this iPhone posting malarkey. I hope people get on board, I'd love to be able to scan all the cool tanks on here. Lets test the mind control power of bold typing!

Sounds a good accompaniment to the 'from this to this thread', that worked really well and remained relatively on topic with some great content. Members could post a finished image with select specs for reference and a link to their journal (if they have one).
I say get one started and well see how hard it is to monitor.....in the famous words of Doctor Pepper..... 'what's the worst that could happen?' Who knows, it may end up a sticky, it sounds good to me :)
Maybe post here the starting post for approval then it can be moved to a new thread to start it, just incase it needs any editing, alterations, suggestions etc. that way we can start the new thread clean :) maybe simple is best, look how from this to this started :) an 'example' entry would be a good start, with specs for members to follow.
Also don't forget about the 'media' forum for inspiration ;)
Cheerio,
Ady

Isnt there already a thread that was started ages that was purely for posting tank shots. Im sure of it ill have to browse through

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
I think Ian Holdich started a portfolio type thread for his tanks: Old pics (well upto date) | UK Aquatic Plant Society which maybe we could add to, and George has his 2003 to present feature, but unsure about a gallery of finished scapes with details...

Good to hear your on board George, I only hope it does not need to much moderating. The thing I'm still unsure of is what tank specs to select, some people can go into a whole lot of detail. Maybe, title, dimensions, light and co2. I'm in 2 minds about substrate and filtration and I personally don't care what ferts people use, I suspect that interest is reserved for those who have spanked a whole lot on the ada 'system';) another option is perhaps to have just title, dimensions and link? A penny for your thoughts

just the picture and link to the journal would be good, would be great for inspiration

Back